Thursday 25 April 2013

Felting is irreversible.

That was one of the definitions that an on-line dictionary gave me for felting....


And aren't we glad that is it.  Thanks to Margaret and her clear instructions, we had an excellent afternoon of creating our very own fabrics from the multitude of fibres that Margaret bought with her.  As ever the out comes were varied in colour and texture, with each of us trying something new; whether that be making felt for the first time, using half felted backing or adding all sorts of lovely extras to create a more interesting surface...

Thank you to Margaret for being so prepared with so many resources and being patient with all our questions!

I am setting myself the challenge of using my felt in this months sqaure - quite how I'm going to incorporate a grid into 'Revival' I'm not too sure at the moment, but I will certainly give it a go!

It's really great to be able to share our experiences with the group and I really look forward to the next dem!

- Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.